Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Thoughtful Tuesday - Abundance

Each Tuesday, I will be providing a thoughtful quote for us to ponder. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“The secret of abundance is to stop focusing on what you do not have, and shift your consciousness to an appreciation for all that you are and that you do have.”  –  Wayne Dyer

When we focus on what we don't have, we unintentionally create a poverty mindset. The more we dwell on what we don't have or what we wish we had, the longer we stay in this sense to not having enough. Sometimes, this sense of lacking comes from our circumstances growing up. We may not have had enough to eat, enough heat to be warm, enough love since our parents worked so much. We tend to carry these thoughts

and feelings of not enough into our adult lives.  Even if we have managed to overcome how we grew up, got good jobs with ample pay including some to put away, we may still be in the mindset that we have to be frugal just in case. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying you go out and spend all your savings and live it up.  I am saying that in order to be able to bring abundance into our lives, we must be willing to focus appreciating what we do have. 

Each day, give thanks for one thing you are grateful for in your life. They don't have to be humongous things; they can be small things. Some days, you may not feel like giving thanks because the cat threw up last night and you stepped in it right after you woke up. Yet in order to begin to find that attitude of gratitude, we should give thanks for at least one thing every day. Today, I am thankful that I have a job that allows me to pay all of my bills on time. Today, I am thankful that I have running water to shower, wash clothes, and make coffee.  Today, I am thankful that my child loves me and reminds me of the joy of little things. Making a habit of being thankful takes you from the povery mindset to the appreciation mindset. You may not have everything you want, but you have everything you need for today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment